Blog

What's the Best Superhero Movie Made So Far?

Wii HD, Heidi Montag Movie, Paranormal Activity 2, Iron Man 2 Clip

Saturday, March 27, 2010 - - 0 Comments

Wii HD
No, Nintendo still hasn't announced a new Wii system but a company called VDIGI is now selling an upscaler that will convert your Wii's output to high-definition.  On its own, the Wii outputs in a crappy maximum of 480p but the "VD-W3 Wii HDMI Upscaler Processor" promises to convert that signal to a full 1080p.  Sounds impressive, right?  Here's the thing, though: Wii games aren't designed to be 1080p so you can't just plug this thing in and expect for "Mario Kart" to suddenly look like a PS3 game.  At most, it's just going to clean the image and make it a little smoother.  But here's the other thing: if you have a HDTV, odds are it's already trying to upscale your Wii output.


Okay, so I really sound like Negative Nancy here but I'm actually pretty excited about this.  It's almost sad when I get through playing my Xbox 360 and decide to play Wii--the picture quality is just not good.  So even if this thing only enhances the image a little, I'm still in.  But at a price point of $75, I'm gonna wait until I've read a couple of reviews before I take the plunge.  VDIGI just starting selling them this week so there should be some reviews up soon, I would imagine.


Heidi Montag Has a Killer Rack
Yeah, I know...why the hell am I covering Heidi Montag on a geek blog?  Well, it turns out that Ms. Montag fancies herself a movie mogul now and has even written (!) her first movie.  That's right, she wrote a movie!  Heidi tells People magazine, "I am making the first 3-D beach comedy about a shark that attacks a small beach town and I save the day with my 3-D boobs."  Now, if SyFy were to turn this into one of their great SyFy Originals cheesefests, I would totally watch it.  But there's no way I'm paying $13 at a theater to see that plastic bimbo run around in 3D.  I'll be shocked it the thing gets made anyway...


Paranormal Activity 2 Has a Director
First of all, let me just say that making a sequel to Paranormal Activity is just about the stupidest idea I've ever heard.  But, the first one was cheap and it made a ton of money, so that's just the way things work in Hollywoodland.  There were some big names floating around for this sequel (Brian DePalma, Akiva Goldsman) which, frankly, scared me even more. DePalma may be a legend but if you're gonna sequelize Paranormal Activity, you don't want the sequel to be a slick, stylized production (*cough* *cough* The Blair Witch Project 2 *cough*).  Well, thankfully, they've hired an unknown named Kip Williams.  I still think this is a disaster waiting to happen but maybe this guy can bring a bit of an original spin to it.  We'll see.


Iron Man 2 Clip Online
The BBC's "Top Gear" show has an exclusive Iron Man 2 clip/making-of film on their website.  It's not much but if you're as excited about this movie as I am, anything counts.


Happy Birthday, Leonard Nimoy!
And, finally, I want to wish a happy belated birthday to Mr. Spock himself.  Yesterday, Mr. Nimoy celebrated his 79th birthday.  Live long and prosper!


This entry was posted on 9:09 AM and is filed under heidi montag , iron man 2 , kip williams , leonard nimoy , nintendo , paranormal activity , wii . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: